About Me

My photo
I'm Kate, I'm 20, and I'm a little addicted to anything beauty related!

Wednesday 27 June 2012

No7 Nourishing Lip Shine

So I've heard that this is supposed to be a dupe for the Clarins Lip Perfecter, but as I haven't tried that I can't tell you if it is. However, I can tell you how much I adore this lip shine!
I originally saw this featured in Lisa Eldridge's candy colours make up tutorial. To watch it click here. She said it was like a balm with a little bit of tint to it, and I completely agree. It is not gloss like at all. She featured the pink colour but I thought that the peach colour would compliment my skin tone more and would be more fresh for the summer.

The applicator is soft and plush and helps smooth the product across the lips well. I like that there is no wand to fiddle around with. The product simply squeezes out of the end by either squeezing the tube or pushing down the white inner lid.

This is the colour swatched. It is a gorgeous peachy colour and has no shimmer to it. You could wear a very small amount to give a boost of moisture to the lips without looking obvious that you have product on them or you could layer it up to achieve a more glossy finish. However the feeling of the product is not slimy, it is definitely more of a balm texture.



You can see how in different lights it can appear more natural or more gloss-like.

It wears very well and leaves no sticky residue on your lips but just seems to wear down evenly until it has all gone. I'd say I get 3 ish hours out of it, but it only stays looking perfect for an hourish. It has no taste which I prefer as I may end up licking it all off, and as I constantly have chewing gum I often find flavoured lip products interfere with the minty goodness! I really like it! It costs £10.50 and is sold at Boots. I bought mine with my £5 voucher, and as I have another I am tempted to go back and purchase the pink shade! They are limited edition summer collection and are currently sold out online, so if you are thinking about getting one I'd head to a store and try to get your hands on them!


2 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about No7 but I haven't had the chance to try any of their products as it's unavailable in Australia. Which is a big shame. Great post though, the colour looks gorgeous on you! :)

    Stop by and check out my blog giveaway! :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have you had a look on eBay? I've seen a few things flying about on there! Once I get some readers I will be doing a UK products giveaway! Keep an eye on me if you're interested! :) thanks for reading! x

      Delete