About Me

My photo
I'm Kate, I'm 20, and I'm a little addicted to anything beauty related!

Tuesday 26 June 2012

DIY rainbow nails!

So I was feeling happy and summery, despite the weather being miserable! So I decided to do something fun and summery on my nails. In hindsight though, rainbows are when it's sunny AND raining, so I guess the idea was quite appropriate! Anyway, onto the nails!

 The blurred photos makes them look way cooler than they actually are! They look a lot more seamless.


 Here you can see all the imperfections.



These are the colours I used, in order from base to top!
Red - Rimmel "Double Decker"
Orange - Rimmel "Tangerine"
Yellow - Barry M "Lemon Ice Cream"
Green - Opi "Mermaid's Tears"
Blue - W7 a blue jelly-creme colour. The label has come off so I don't know the exact name! Sorry about that!
Purple - Revlon "Rock"
Pink - Ciate "Jelly Bean"
(I know it should be indigo and violet for the last two but I figured purple and pink would be easier!)

To create this look I used a triangular sponge and a plastic plate. I poured a drop of each nail colour onto the plastic plate, dipped the edge of the sponge in and dabbed across the nail, and then "ombre-d" the rest of the colours over the top. I was hoping they would blend together better to look a bit more like a graduation of colour but it didn't work too well. To get the effect I was aiming for I would have probably needed to mix each colour together to blend them better. Maybe another day, that would be so time consuming! I still like this though! I went shopping and got quite a few compliments!! :)

Hope you all like, will any of you try this one yourselves? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment