About Me

My photo
I'm Kate, I'm 20, and I'm a little addicted to anything beauty related!

Monday 18 March 2013

Rather large collective makeup, skincare and haircare haul!


Please don't judge me. I thought I'd gather together the things I have bought in the past few months for a post. I honestly didn't realise how much stuff I've been buying and not noticed it gathering up until I piled it together. This is about 2 months worth of stuff. But hey, I'm a working girly and this is something I enjoy spending my money on. I'm doing well in other financial areas of my life so at the moment it's not a problem but this just gave me a little nudge to be keeping an eye on my spending habits! As a bit of a forethought, I am not posting this to show off or brag, and I purchased everything with my own money.
I also buy most things when they are on offer. I tend to keep my eye on them and just wait until they are on sale, so the majority of these were bought on offer or for cheaper than their retailing price. I will include some little mini reviews for the ones I have used already.


Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Split End Protection Intensive Mask - got this for around £2.50 from Sainsburys as it was on offer and I remember trying it a few years ago and liking it.

Percy and Reed Hair Really Rather Radiant Colour and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner, Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing Polish and the Smoothed, Sealed & Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil for fine hair - all currently come with April's edition of Glamour magazine so I got all 4 freebies for £2 a pop.

Happy Hair Days Rosemary and Mint Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner. Love this stuff for a gentle everyday wash that won't strip but leaves my hair feeling cleansed. SLS free = bonus! 2 for £5 at Sainsburys.


The L'Oreal Shine Caresse Stain AKA Glossy Stain dupes in Lolita, a shimmery pinky mauve, Princess, a gorgeous orange coral, and Juliet, a bright red. £7.99 each from Boots, was on a 3 for 2 and I got them with my advantage card points.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Romantic, Crush and Honey. On offer at Boots for £5 each.

YSL Glossy Stain in Shade 2, I think it's called brown red or something.. don't quote me. Got it as a late Christmas present.

Maybelline Colour Sensational lipstick in Pink Brown. think it's about £8 from Boots.
Revlon Lipstick in Really Red, a matte, bright red, and Black Cherry, a deep glossy berry shade. Also bought for £5 when Revlon was on offer.


Revlon Photoready cream blushes in Coral Reef, a gorgeous orange coral and Pinched, a nudey, peachy pinky and shimmery colour. Pinched reminded me of Penny Lane by Nars, never owned it but always admired. These are very silicone-y to the touch and remind me of Chanel Bronzing Base which I LOVE and I think these will blend and suit each other really nicely in the spring/summer time. Were about £7.99 in Boots I think, on a buy one get one half price deal. Hoping Coral Reef will look amaze with the L'Oreal Shine Caresse Stain in Princess in the summertime (think Thirsty Merc - In the Summertime, BRING ON THE SUNSHINE :D)

Revlon Nearly Naked in 110 Ivory and 150 Nude. I bought the two palest pink toned shades, Ivory is a good match but I thought it would be good to have a slightly darker shade to mix in some summer and holiday time when I am a little bit tanned, and I don't want to have a super pale face as Ivory is a very pale shade. The two shades in between these are yellow toned, Shell not so much but I think yellow toned foundations look too obvious on me, which is unfortunate as a lot of brands who make great pale foundations make them in yellow toned shades, ahem, Bourjois. Nearly Naked was £8.99 at Boots and buy one get one half price.

Clarins Instant Smooth Self Tanning, got this when it was £17.50 but I believe it is now £18.00, naughty Boots.

MAC Soba eyeshadow, a golden light brown that reminds me of demerara sugar! Looks amazing all over the lid and blended out, a la Vivianna Does Makeup. £14 at MAC shops/counters.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold, a gorgeous rose gold shimmery colour, but makes you look slightly pink eye ish/ill. I've luckily never had that, thank god=odness but it can make you look a bit ill. Patted in the centre of the lid over Permanent Taupe it looks fab though. If you have it and can't make it work on its own try blending with a brown to make it more wearable. Also looks incredible used as a highlight on cool toned skin. Use sparingly and blend quickly as it sets fast, but by jove, when it's set, it stays put. Try adding a little to your foundation or TM for instant radiance. LOVE! £4.99.

Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Foundation in shade 1. Love this. A light feeling, light coverage foundation, also very silicone-y and works great with the Chanel bronzing base. A word of warning though, as with all foundation but silicone based ones especially, make sure you really cleanse this off at the end of the day because of the silicone base I find it can clog pores. Not too sure how much this is as I was given it as a gift by my equally obsessed by make up friend. What a good pal.

Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch Concealer - £4.99 at Boots. I like it, more illuminating than covering though, good for light under eye bags but you might want to try mixing with the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer if you want radiance boosting and covering properties. A great combo for heavier bags though, it stops the Lasting Perfection from looking cakey or being too drying.


Origins Drink up Intensive Overnight Mask - £20 at Boots. Smells lush. I use weekly, sometimes less often as a treat but warning as it's very rich, hence the name, duh. I can get away with using this on my cheeks regularly though as the skin there is normal.

Ren Vita-Mineral Day Cream, Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Gel, Frankinsense Revitalising Night Cream and Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask - came as a set for about £13 I think, from John Lewis. Nice to try some little minis to get a feel of the brand before buying a full sized product. Like dipping your toe in. I only bought this so I could get the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask! Ha!

Glycolic Formulations Therapy Cream 25% Glycolic Acid. - £6.99 TK Maxx. This stuff is. Seriously. Strong. I started using a tiny layer every other night as recommended but this was too much for me and I went all peely. I am used to glycolic in my skincare but this is too strong for me to be using every other night so have stopped using at the moment. Might donate to Mumma B or try using less often. Remember your sunscreen!

Super by Dr Nicholas Perricone brightening activator. I use this like you would use Alpha H Liquid Gold (never tried that though). It smells like melons (main ingredient I think) but also like that sweet smelling liquid stuff you put in horses hay, so whenever I use it I am magically transported back to my horsey days at the stables. Yum. £12.99 from TK Maxx.

Laidbare Spot the Difference Problem Skin Treatment Cream. Smells lush. A great non drying spot treatment to help balance oil. The brand themselves remind me a lot of Ren in their packaging style and brand ethos. £3 from TK Maxx, bargain.

L'Occitane toning face mist. I got this from TK Maxx as well as I love the Immortal water toner thingy, this is a bit more refreshing though and smells quite spearminty.

This Works Fresh Skin toner - £7.99 TK Maxx. Love. This. Brand. I'm obsessed. I'm collecting everything. Smells like neroli which I LOVE.

L'Oreal Age Perfect Refreshing Toner. About £4 from Sainsburys I think. I went on a bit of a toner spree, as you can see. This one is nice too. Plus it has the BeautyMouth approval (the reason I bought it!)

This Works Active Serum, £8.99 from TK Maxx. Love this. Quite tingly upon application and it stinks to high heaven but leaves me looking very radiant and glowing.

La Roche Posay Effeclar Duo. Got this in Paris for a good price, can't remember exactly how much, about 9 euros I would say. I don't have a euro symbol on my keyboard. #firstworldproblems

Emma Hardie Amazing Face Lift and Scuplt Moringa Cleansing Balm and Rosehip Exfoliating Seeds. Love it. Smells like a sweet herbal savlon, and gets rid of make up and grime. I like the cleanse with Clinique's Take The Day Off balm first and then use this afterwards because I like to double cleanse but I don't want to use all this up and I tend to use more to remove make up with as opposed to just cleansing the skin. Comprenez vous?

My dog Meg wanted her picture taking. She told me so.

So that's all folks. Lol, as if there wasn't enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment