About Me

My photo
I'm Kate, I'm 20, and I'm a little addicted to anything beauty related!

Monday 11 March 2013

Dr Jart Water Fuse BB Cream review


For my base, I definitely fall into the natural/light/sheer category. I hate looking cakey. I am freckled as well, which means using a heavier coverage product will look obvious as my freckles look half heartedly covered, and peek through as a grey-ish colour - I don't want them to be covered up, I quite like them!
I would rather use a light, natural base and use concealer on any spots or slight redness. A couple of my favourites are the Thisworks Perfect Look Skin Miracle and Origins VitaZing. 
You all know the claims that BB creams make so I'm not going to bore you. If you don't, (have you been hiding under a rock?) then google them. Dr Jart is one of the more well known Asian brands, and I kind of foresaw this as being a TM with amped up skincare, SPF and coverage. I feel like that's pretty accurate. They are thicker than your standard Tinted Moisturiser and whilst still being sheer to light coverage do an excellent job at covering redness without being totally obvious and looking like you're wearing make up. The Water Fuse is aimed at oily/combination skin types and will help skin retain moisture without being heavy or oily. I agree; it feels like it's letting my skin breath whilst still offering coverage which is lovely.
There are these little water beads that pop up when you blend it in with your fingers which appear and then disappear, which is quite interesting. See the half blended last picture. It's like they get sealed into your skin. Strawberry Blonde Beauty has a great picture on her blog of these little beads. I pretty much agree with everything she says in her post, go and have a look at her blog because she's lovely!
 I don't use this every day as I have a lot of other bases I enjoy so can't tell you about the skincare benefits as I feel like I'm not ready to give a well rounded opinion, I like to use things regularly and daily so I can get a real feel for them before I tell you whether it has worked for me or not. That said, I can say it hasn't broken me out and I do suffer with reactions to certain products, especially rich or heavy ones. I usually get red painful bumps when I react badly to a product but haven't had any of that, thankfully.
Finish wise, I don't like shimmer. Fullstop. Sheen - yes, Shimmer - no. This is a natural leaning towards sheeny finish. I like it. It doesn't last all day for me, but I think that's more my lifestyle and skin type's fault rather than the products. If I blot my skin twice or three times a day before the oil can start to break the product down then it lasts a lot longer and has a more natural finish, as opposed to shiny face. I hate shiny face. I don't like the finish of powder but this will help it to last longer if you have oily skin all over your face so it might be something to consider, but I always think that an overly matte finish looks less natural and kind of ruins the healthy glow that this gives, which is one of the main things this BB cream has going for it! Shade wise... options are limited to one colour. I am pale and pink toned, but I can just about make this work - it's not too orange on me though it does look it on my hand as they are a lot paler than my face. It has also settled into the lines in my hand but that's because they are very dry. I thought I would include the pictures anyway so you could see the colour and finish, and please bear in mind that this is the middle of winter when I am my palest, and I used quite a bit of product so it would photograph well. My skin suits tanned and glowing - I do tan well but not easily - I go brown eventually. If you are darker medium skin tone to to dark skin tone this probably won't work for you. Sadly. But for a light to medium skin tone I can see this working if you blend it well. With most light and sheer products it's not too blindingly obvious if you have not got the perfect shade for your skin as they tend to be more forgiving.
I can see it will be good for everyday use as the SPF25 will offer you good protection, definitely going to be a favourite in the summer when I want a natural easy glowing base with minimal effort required - a perfect holiday base!
I hope you found this helpful!











No comments:

Post a Comment