About Me

My photo
I'm Kate, I'm 20, and I'm a little addicted to anything beauty related!

Monday 7 January 2013

Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm review

Another review for you. This is of the Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm. Or as I like to call it, the little pot of heaven. I had heard so much about this in the blogging and YouTubing world and had put off buying it for so long as I thought it was too expensive and I have many, many lip balms already. (Surprisingly, this little fact doesn't stop me buying more still..) I went to Paris at the beginning of December and had been telling myself I would wait until then as the price would be lot more reasonable. However, as it happens, I couldn't wait and I bought it. Sod it, you only live once! So I marched to my closest Marks and Sparks which fortunately has a recently added beauty hall (fab!), hurridly and with my head down snatched one up from the shelf and swiftly headed to the tills before I got lost in the midst of all the lovely new skincare ranges (Apvita, I hear you say?), and begrudgingly parted with my £9.50. My lovely pal who has a weekend job at M&S (this one doesnt have a beauty hall, fortunately for her bank balance!) was a little disheartened that I didn't wait and use her discount but alas, the deed was done. (I am rather jealous of her staff discount card though!) (after re reading that a few times, the word 'discount' is slowly losing all meaning to me...)
So anyway, on to the le petit pot de.. ermm.. heaven. (forgive my mistakes!)

I was intrigued that this is meant to be a matte lip balm. Say what now? I had never come across a gem like that before. I have always been a natural make up kinda gal. I would like to look like me, only better. Thank you. So though I like lip balms for the moisture injection they provide (I have tres dry lips, doesn't matter what season!) but there's always a telltale sign that you have one on for the glossy finish they leave you with. Now, I had never been previously bothered about this. Until I found out about a matte lip balm. Oh the possibilities. So in short, I like that it's matte.

The flavour is incredible! Being a honey lip balm I was expecting it to taste reminiscent of the Burt's Bees lip balm range, but au contraire! It tastes like oranges! Classy oranges though, a reserved flavour. I'm not talking fanta, but more like a marmalade-y kinda flavour. Which was a surprise to me. But a nice surprise.

The texture is thick and luxurious. Yes, I am referring to a lip balm, as 'luxurious'. Who'd have thunk it. It comes in a pot so some may consider it unhygienic with the whole 'dip n wipe' thing going on but I have no qualms with it. So long as my pinkies are clean, I am not an unclean being and I know where my hands have been! If you're really bothered about it perhaps consider having some hand gel to hand if there are no washing facilities available! But as I have said, I ain't fussy.

I take this little pot of heaven everywhere with me. It's my little pocket friend. In the car, on my chest of drawers in my bedroom, to my lectures, to work (shh!). When I put this on at night, I wake up and my lips are super smooth and all the dead skin can be sloughed away with a flannel in the shower, hello smooch-worthy lips (yes I just said that). I have owned a lot of lip balms but none have impressed me as much as this one has. I think it is very worth the hype. I use this 2-3 times a day, and sometimes a little extra because I like the taste but I haven't really made that much of a dint in it, considering. I am about to make a very bold statement here.. But I think I would be willing to trade in all my old lip balms in favour of this little gem here. And I have a lot of lip balms.

So there it is. I didn't intend to make such a long post but I got a bit carried away. I never thought I could gush so much about a lip balm!


No comments:

Post a Comment