About Me

My photo
I'm Kate, I'm 20, and I'm a little addicted to anything beauty related!

Sunday 13 January 2013

Charles Worthington Intense Rescue Melting Balm

After hearing Fleur de Force rave about this deep treatment for your hair, it made it to the little mental list in the back of my mind which springs into the forefront of my mind whenever I hit Boots. When I saw it had 1/3 off making it around £11, into my basket it went.
You apply this to dry hair and leave for 20 minutes before showering. The balm is reminiscent of coconut oil in texture in that it melts upon contact with your hands, but the melted balm oil is a lot thicker and smoother than coconut oil so I find it easier to work into the hair. It has a light perfumed smell, it's quite non-offensive - I really like it. I have mid to long length hair so I like to use a claw clip to keep it from touching my dressing gown. I choose a morning when I know I don't have to be rushing around. This would be fab for people who wash their hair in the evening as you can use it as a part of your wind down routine of perhaps in the bath to help you relax and get ready for bed time.
I find it leaves my hair feeling so soft and silky after washing. I have very fine hair, but a lot of it. This seems to make my hair more sleek, smoothed down and each strand feels "sealed" and nourished.
I think this works for me to use occasionally when I want to have a real treat. Once a week would be more than enough for me as I can see it making my hair a little on the greasy side of proceedings if I used it too often!
A close friend of mine has incredibly thick hair, both in the strand and volume sense of the word, and she thinks this product is a lifesaver for her unruly locks!


No comments:

Post a Comment